Last year the wonderful Claire from Claireabellemakes shared her DIY No Sew Christmas Wreath and this year I really wanted to make a wreath using one of my favourite craft materials, hessian, aka jute or burlap to our friends over the pond!.
This is a really quick make and the mix of Hessian and red gingham ribbon really says cosy country Christmas to me.
We have a few complete wreath kits available here
1. Cut hessian into strips approx 2.5″ wide by 23′ inches long
2. Pin a hessian piece into the back of the wreath and begin wrapping it tightly around the wreath.
3. When the first hessian piece runs out, overlap another piece, pinning it in the back and continue wrapping around the wreath so the end of the first piece is secured behind the second.
4. Repeat for the remaining hessian wrapping the hessian pieces around the wreath until it is covered.
5. At the end either tuck the hessian piece as I did below, or secure it with pins or glue it in place, this will be covered with ribbon later so don’t worry if its on show now.
6. Get your poinsettia pieces and pinch the petals and leaves to give them some definition.
7. Layer them as you wish. For two of the Poinsettias I layered two petals, two leaves, a centre piece and a brad. For the other poinsettia I left out the leaves.
8. Using the brads, pin the poinsettias to your wreath
9. Cut your ribbon in half, so you have two 1 metre lengths. Use one metre to create a bow and with the other metre wrap it around where your hessian finished, tie a knot twice then tie the ends to form a hanger.
10. Pin or glue your bow to your ribbon hanger.
Thats it your Country Christmas Wreath is done!
Our Christmas Craft Shop is now open so if you are after Christmas Crafting essentials be sure to check it out!
Happy Christmas Crafting!