If you caught my tutorial on how to crochet around an embroidery hoop you will recall I promised to share what I did with my completed hoop. Well I turned it into what I’m calling an Earring Hoopla! Its an idea that has been on my mind as a way to display my some of my prettiest earrings for some time! In total this project probably took me two hours to complete so perfect if you have a quick gift to make!
1. Crochet around your embroidery hoop following our tutorial here
2. Cut a piece of fabric to fit your hoop and arrange your scalloped crochet lace across the hoop taking consideration of how long your earrings are. On a 7 inch hoop my first scallop trim was 2 inch down and the second line of trim was 2 1/4 inch from the bottom of the scallop trim above. Pin your scallop trim in place.
3. Sew your crochet lace down using your sewing machine.
4. If you intend to cover the back of your frame trace around the inside of the inner hoop onto a piece of felt. Cut out your felt and keep to one side.
5. Put your fabric back into your hoop and tighten your hoop ensuring the crochet lace trim is straight. Cut the fabric off so you have about an inch remaining around the edge. Glue the fabric to the inside of the hoop.
If you cut out your felt piece, place it in the back of the hoop to cover the fabric. It may need gluing down, mine didn’t.
6. Add some ribbon to the top of your hoop for hanging and your earring hoopla is finished, just add earrings!!